A major part of aging is deflation or sinking of the face from loss of collagen, fat and bone under the skin as we age. For both deflation and lower face lines we use fillers such as Restylane, Juvaderm, Perlane, Radiesse, Cosmoderm and Sculptra. These fillers can be used as follows:
1) to fill laugh lines, to get rid of lip lines
2) To create bigger lips, and especially to recreate a high cheek bone, a sign of youth and beauty.
3) Other uses include filling the tear trough under the eyes, and getting rid of drool lines (also called marionette lines.
4) Restylane, Perlane and Juvederm typically last 3 to 9 months.
Radiesse lasts 1-2 years. Not only does it fill but it also promotes new collagen growth giving it a semi-permanent affect. Uses of Radiesse include:
1) To recreate the apple of the cheek.
2) Elevated cheekbone which often disappears with aging.
3) to fill the laugh lines, tear trough under the eyes, and drool lines.
4) We use Radiesse as part of our Riolift or non surgical facelift, a combination of Radiesse, Thermage, and Plasma Portrait or Fraxel.
Another product that can be used to promote collagen growth is Sculptra. Sculptra is also great for filling hollow spots in the cheeks or anywhere in the face, as well as for lifting. It is great even if there is sever fat loss under the skin such as HIV patients. The active ingredient Poly-L Lactic acid actually makes one’s own collagen grow. It is given as a series of 3 injections over a 3 to 4 month period. We use Sculptra for the LIQUID FACE LIFT. Just like Radiesse, it is great for following:
1) For recreating a high cheekbone.
2) For getting rid of hollow temples.
3) For lifting jowls.
4) For reducing Marionette lines.
5) One of our most popular used is for lessening the tear troughs or hollows under the eyes.